A superb, yet simple cheesecake – the coulis gives it a sharp Wow! factor
For the base:
• 8 digestive biscuits
• 6 tbsp caster sugar
• 75g unsalted butter
For the berries:
• 300g Strawberries
• 2 tbsp caster sugar
For the vanilla cream cheese:
• 400g cream cheese
• 600ml double cream
• 6 tbsp icing sugar
• Juice ½ lemon
• splash of vanilla essence
• Icing sugar to dust
1. For the Base: Grind the biscuits in a food processor. Melt the sugar in a heavy-based non-stick pan until it begins to caramelise, then carefully add the butter, shaking
the pan to mix the caramel with the butter as it melts. Add the crushed biscuits and toss to coat in the caramel. Tip on to a plate, chill for 5 minutes until firm, then bash
into rough crumbs.
2. Put 2 tbsp of sugar and the strawberries in blender and blits until no chuncks of strawberry remain. Pass the coulis through a seive to remove the seeds.
3. For the vanilla cream cheese, put the cream cheese in a large bowl. Add the vanilla essence and icing sugar and beat until smooth, next add the lemon. In another bowl,
lightly whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Lightly butter a round cake tin and spread the biscuit base evenly. Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top and place in a fridge to chill for around 20 minutes
5. Serve chilled and pour the coulis around the outside of your serving.